Friday, June 19, 2015

Fruits and Passion Dual Action Nasal Strips

Because of a free shipping deal I got a bunch of face masks from Fruits and Passion, a Canadian face and body product shop.  I like most of their stuff and have now decided to try their face masks.  Today, while waiting for my hair serum to seep into my scalp, I decided to try the Dual Action Nasal Strips which are supposed to get rid of blackheads on your nose.  I comes in a very cute package with directions on the back.  It says it needs a q-tip to gently remove the blackheads but did not provide one, unlike a Korean equivalent shown on Eat Your Kimchi but thankfully I had one in my bathroom.  I think that North American companies assume that we all have q-tips of some type at home which, to be fair, we do. 



Step 1 of the nasal strips is a cotton strip soaked in a solution.  It smells somewhat medicinal, but not in a bad way.  Mostly is smells clean.  It’s easy to put on and stays on very well.  I need to keep this on for ten to fifteen minutes.  While doing this I’m watching Have I Got News For You so these are a very pleasant fifteen minutes that I’m spending.  As the minutes so on my nose feels cold and a bit as if I have menthol on my face.  Not painful, but a bit odd.

After step one is done I’m supposed to use the q-tip to gently remove the blackheads.  Now, I’m not sure if it’s because I don’t really have very bad blackheads or if it’s because they are so deep down but it took a bit more than gentle force to remove the blackheads, I had to really push them out.  I will admit that a lot of stuff came out, especially in the difficult area around the tip of the nose.  After getting out as much as will come out (and it really was a lot), it’s time to put on the second, pore closing, nasal strip.

Step 2 of the nasal strip is a cotton pad with a gel like substance on one side.  It actually had a piece of protective paper over the gel bit which you need to take off to put the strip on your nose.  It’s pretty sticky and sits really well covering the whole of my nose.  I’m barely noticing it.  When taking it off none of the gel remains on the face and my pores are indeed a lot smaller than after Step 1 and it looks a lot cleaner.  It’s still a bit red from pushing the blackheads out but it doesn’t hurt and feels very nice.


Overall I liked the Dual Action Nasal Strips.  I don’t need to use them very often but I think I’ll be buying them again, every few months.  You can buy a single package for $2.50 on the Fruits and Passion website. 

No comments:

Post a Comment